CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Little Drummer Boy

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.


Ok so I have a huge fascination with this song. Usually people laugh at me and think its kind of nerdy that I love it so much. Some renditions of the song are not so great, but some are. My favorite is the version by Josh Groban, it is so powerful and moving. I was listening to it today and was honestly brought to tears by it. It was speaking to me SO much. The rhythm and the beats, the choir and the rising crescendos, the lyrics and the spirit that moves my spirit. AH! So, as I was brought to tears by this beautiful melody, I was asking God, "What is it abou thtis song that resonates with my core." Then I heard my Daddy answer me and He said "Morgan, nothing pleases me more than when you worship ME with the gifts I have given you." And I realized this song is not about a little drummer boy, its about me. Its my cry. I look at my life and I ask my Daddy "What can I give You that is worth what You did for me...I have no gift to bring, thats fit for a King??" There is nothing. There are no earthly things, no frankincense or myrrh, that I can bring Him that is worthy of who He is. But He gave me a drum so to speak, He gave me my art, He gave me my passion, and there is no higher form of worship then when I worship Him with my art, with every passion inside of me. "So to honor Him..." "I played my drum for Him [I painted for Him], I played my best for Him [i drew my best for Him]....Then He smiled at me, me and my drum [me and my art]." The little drummer boy didnt have anyhting He could bring, but He could use his gift and play his best. And when I paint and worship my Daddy I feel HIm smile at me becuase its the highest gift I could bring.

1 comments:

Katrina Hope said...

wow. I haven't looked at the song that way before. Reading that actually made me tear up a bit. I love that revelation morgs!