CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A taste of what is to come...

SO in our underground group we are embarking on a journey. Its a journey to seek and to find the Lords heart. Its a journey to hear, to really HEAR the prophetic cry of our generation right now. Our group of 25 is broken into artists, dancers, writers and musicians. We are spending the next few weeks creating one piece that personifies what the cry of our generation is right now. Tonight was our first night and I am PUMPED for what God is doing. I had chills the whole night. Gods presence was really thick and resting so incredibly heavy on us, i think i could have stayed there all night. We soaked for the first half of undergrounds and God met us there. I have never before been able to write, or to dream so freely in my life. Usually my tendency would be to go with the art group, because that is what I am naturally inclined to do, but I feel like God is challenging me to give more and to take risks so I joined the writing group. And I LOVE IT. If anything else this night has encouraged me to write more and see what God wants to say, not only through my drawings but through my pen. I am so excited about what God gave me to write and what He gave all the other girls. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of all the other girls, but I thought I would give you a little teaser of what is to come. This is just the beginning. The beginning of a story perhaps, perhaps the beginning of a transformation. Who knows what God wants to do...perhaps He wants to change the world. I believe it. So here is what I wrote tonight, check back in one month for the culmination of the arts: the rest of this story, a prophetic song, a prophetic dance and a prophetic art piece. God is doing big things...join in :)
"I gathered them all, I gathered them in a room. The room is dark, it is cold, it is empty. I gathered them so I could hear, I gathered them so I could see, I gathered them and they came. Most of them said that they are a lot like this room they stand in: cold, dark, empty. Well, that's why I brought them here. I want to test that statement. Cold is the absence of warmth, darkness is the absence of light, and emptiness, some would say, is the absence of life. So if they are all of these things then what is absent? What is missing? Heat? Light? Life?

This is my room. This is my desire: to see the room become warmth, light and explode with life. These are my test subjects, these are the ones I want to see catch on fire, become light and personify life. This is my experiment, this is my study. But it's not science, it's a dream. It's a dream to see transformation in the most unlikely of places..."

...to be continued.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like God is doing some awesome things! I cant't wait to hear more- its so exciting :)

Anonymous said...

This was amazing Morgs!!
I cannot wait for what is to come!!!!
GAH!!!
~a

Anonymous said...

are you kidding me?! woah! i'm totally getting whacked right now and i am FREAKING OUT HERE! this is totally the exact same direction the art group is going. i'm not even joking. it starts with darkness, emptiness, and pain, but then the Lord comes and sets our generation on fire! woah! i'm so excited to see what this all turns out to be.
God is so amazing!
i love you!

Katrina Hope said...

Ready for an update...!!! :)