CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lately...

Hey everyone! Little update time from the life of Morgan :) God has been so so so so good to me lately. He has been showing me how INCREDIBLE He is. The great thing about this relationship with Jesus is that there is not end, it never stops and I ALWAYS realize there is SO much deeper to go. But the crazy thing about that is, its not overwhelming, its exhilarating.

So here's the rundown:

Last Sunday, my car got broken into. My driver side window was smashed and mr. robber got my backpack with my phone, wallet, ipod, schoolbooks and Bible. Talk about a downer :) Yup, it pretty much sucked. There is nothing quite like the feeling of getting your stuff stolen from you, very violating. SO I went through the week wondering why God let this happen to me. [God always has a reason you know :)] SO, I got right on buying a new phone, trying to figure out how to get another id, ordering new books, telling myself i might not have an ipod for a while and just flat out relinquished hope of having my Bible again. SO the week went by and I got over it and accepted it- trusting and believing that GOd was still good. So, Saturday morning, after many prayers to get my stuff back by me and others, I went to leave for work. I put on a coat that I haven't worn for a couple months and started going downstairs. The coat felt a little heavy so i went to see what was in the pocket, and sure enough, it was my wallet!! Out of nowhere, my wallet just appeared!!! AAAHAHA!! God had a great laugh over that one! So the next day, Barco had planned a get together with all of our great friends. This dinner had been planned for a week but I wasn't sure if I was going to go. Veronica was having a birthday party and I was just flat out tired, plus I was carless cuz I was having my window fixed. But, I ended up going. As I walked into Red RObin, I noticed that our small group had become probably close to thirty people and the entire right side of red robin was devoted to us. My first response was "Oh great now I have to be EXTRA social." But I sat down across from Aime and we had a jolly ol time. Halfway through Jerbarco came over and pulled me up and dragged me to the middle of the table and everyone got quit. At this point I was like "Ok what is going on???" And he preceeded to tell me that all of these people were here to bless me after what happened to me and he gave me a card with $340 in it!!!! I was beyond shocked and I think I am still in shock! Then I got home and James [who had just been in Redding] dropped by with Todd, to give me something he obtained in Redding. Melissa [an amazing woman of God who is fast becoming a good friend] prophetically collaged a notebook for me and in the notebook were about 11 pages of prophetic words that she had gotten random people in Redding to write in. SO really the whole night was like this giant, fat blessing and I realized how much God loves me. He cares about what happens and He gives everything back that was taken! So I got money to buy most of the things I had stolen and I realized how amazing the friends were He put in my life. So my truck getting broken into, I am glad it happened, becuase now I have this amazing picture of who God is. He cares, He loves and He is ALWAYS good!!

So with this recent election and Obama being preseident, it isn't exactly what I wanted to happen but the great thing is, is that God is the same God yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is SO AMAZING!!! I just can't get over how good He is. I have faith that our nation will turn and become one natin under God again!! I am about to explode with love for God right now and i think I am going to go worship.....be blasted with the goodness of God!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! go GOD!!!!! i love this, morgan. it's SO ecouraging and amazing! and i HAVE to see that journal/notebook thing! HAVE TO! bring it to yg!
love you.
~ morgan marie

Anonymous said...

Aww!! Just a good story, thanks for sharing lady :)