CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This was for a friend

A WEDDING
They asked me if I could see her. They asked me if I could hear her. They asked me if I felt her. But I just sat with no clue. “See who? Hear who? Feel who?” They looked at me as if I should know, as if it was as clear as flowers when they grow. And then they turned my gaze and pointed, they pointed at her- the anointed. I’ve seen this girl, I know this girl, she’s the one who dances in freedom and grace, the one with a shining, unveiled face. Then they told me I should come, just follow the sound of her beating drum. And as I heard the rhythm I was swept and into another Kingdom I stepped. And now clearly I see her, she’s the one all dressed in white. She’s the one He’s holding tight, worth every fight, face shining bright, standing straight and right. She’s the one that is His delight and He, her shining Knight, for her He conquered the blackest night. And I see her where she stands and I can hear every note their love demands. No more castles made of sand but on His victory they surely stand, holding hands, ruling lands, this lover and His bride my attention commands. And now clearly I can also hear her. She’s the one that is singing, can’t you hear the marriage bells are ringing? Can you feel the power this covenant is bringing? On His every word she’s clinging, in His arms forever swinging. And now clearly I can also feel her. This love so pure, my emotions stir. He’s dumping out all His love to her, His precious dove, His only love. And He’s drawing her face in the clouds above. And everything about her, He freely boasts of. So here comes the bride, all pure and white. Here comes her desire, all wrapped in fire. Closer and closer to the altar she comes, faster and faster towards her He runs. And wrapped up in one beautiful kiss, all of earth’s unimaginable bliss surely there is nothing sweeter than this. And I watch as they go, dancing and singing, twirling and being, creating and releasing. He completing her and in Him everything she ever hoped for. She, the reason He didn’t fight dying, and He, the only reason she is living, flying. I heard there is going to be a wedding, and it was to hers today that we all went heading, to get caught up in their love as its spreading. And as we sing this wedding song, and witness love ten thousand cords strong, we all get swept along, surely its in His arms that we all belong. What a joy it was today to witness everything their love portrays, close enough to smell her flower bouquet, to watch her smile as they sway, and see His eyes with her face on display, do we ever have to go away? But this was her day, and I know its here that she will stay, watching colors fade from gray, it’s the place she sneaks to everyday, it’s the field where the bride and the Groom will forever play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH.......i love this SO much! morgan, truly truly truly AMAZING!!
wow...
~a

Katrina Hope said...

Yeah Morgan, I loved it...totally got lost in this, so beautiful!!