CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Taste my encounter....

I was listening to Kris Vollotan [the assistant pastor of Bethel Church] and some things he was sharing on the cd I was listening completely blew my mind and you all need your minds to be blown as well....

Did you know then anything you do...whether its painting, preaching, dancing, writing...whatever it is, whatever your gift is, if you do that thing and in the midst of doing it, you have an encounter with God, then that opens a vortex for the same encounter to happen to people who see it. Did I just hear you say "wait, what?" Let me explain. Lets say I am painting a painting. Lets say that as I am painting this painting I have an encounter with Jesus. He comes and He wrecks me with His amazing, extravagant love. Well, as I paint, I paint out of this encounter. When I am done with this painting I hang it up on a wall...maybe even in a public place. And as it is hanging, people walk by and look at it and as they look at it they begin to encounter the amazing, extravagant love of the Lord. There is something on my painting that becuase I did it out of an encounter, opens a portal for people who see my painting, to experience the same encounter I had when I painted it!!!!! Does that blow your mind or what!!???!?!?!?! It blows mind. Everything we do out of an encounter invites other people to have the same encounter. I don't know about you but that makes we want to always be in some kind of an encounter with Him so that when people see me they always have an encounter. COME ON JESUS!!!

God is so awesome. He is so amazing. If we all could just catch a small glimpse of how much He loves us then there would be absolutely no stopping us. If we knew how much He loved us then fear, doubt and unbelief would never be an issue. We would never stop to think about consequences of doing something for Him, we would never weigh the pros and cons, we would always just JUMP. I want to experience the love of God...the kind of love that you need to brace yourself for. The kind of love that changes you, really changes you forever. Thats the kind of love I want to know...the kind that after you feel it, you'l never be the same, you'll never be the same again!!!! If a handful of people knew how wide, how deep, how long His love is for use...we truly would change the world!

3 comments:

Katrina Hope said...

Hey morg, you mentioned your painting being hung in a public place...

Morgan Prospek and I were having coffee at Cafe Laudro two weeks ago, and as I looked around...I saw your paintings up...I couldn't get past it! The stuff up there is creepy, and I cannot even imagine what an environment it would create for your paintings to displace them! ...okay, I can imagine it- but it'd be even better than what I am imagining, I know it!

James mentioned a similar vision to me last night- maybe you two have already talked...but he has talked to some people at another coffee shop in kirkland. I cannot wait to see God release the encounter to the public through your paintings!!

Anonymous said...

Kati, I thought of the exact sma thing as I read this. I think that would be SO cool! Let's do it!
By the way, this was so encouraging and AMAZING! Go Jesus!
~morgan

Morgan said...

wow thanks guys....that is really encouraging. i really would like that to happen!!! you guys are neat.