CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Just some thoughts...

Have you ever noticed that when you have a dream sometimes it is the hardest thing to hold onto. Sometimes I think of it like a little kid who wants a lollipop really really bad. She wants this lollipop more than anything in that moment. She is consumed by thoughts of licking and loving this sole piece of candy. The desire for the sucker only intensifies when she sees other kids with one. "Mommy, mommy please can I have a sucker??", she cries only to hear her mom say "Not right now, you have to eat dinner first." IN other words, she is not ready for the sucker. Suckers are good but only if its the right timing. SO are dreams. I believe that God wont reveal His dream to us until we are ready to handle the impossibility of it. Just like a little girl wanting a sucker I remember always wanting to know "what I would be when I grew up." I remember always wanting to do something that would change the world. I wanted to be a superhero. I knew what my passions were, I knew what I loved, but I didn't have a dream. A dream is only an idea until it is interlaced with the passion of Gods heart.
I've also noticed something else that happens when little kids get suckers. Other kids start gathering around this lollipop loving "friend" hoping that they too might get the key to the secret lollipop stash. Or if not a key then at least a lick so that they too can feel important enough to have a lollipop. Don't find your identity in other peoples dreams and don't let other people rob you of the power of your dream. It truly is yours. It was why you were created. If you have a dream then hold on to it as tight as you can. Let it fuel you. Let it motivate you. God has given it to you because it was the right time for you to believe the impossible. Other people might come and try to tell you that your dream is nothing more than a good idea and sometimes even the people with the best intentions can try to make you drop your dream. But hold on to it. Don't let it go. It's what makes you feel alive. It's that feeling you get when you can say "i was created to do this." That how I feel when I paint, when I draw. Its how I feel when I am ministering to a young girls heart. Yes. Yes. Surely I was created for this.

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

This was so awesome. I loved your perspective. I pretty much wanted to go buy you a huge cluster of lollypops just so you could have them whenever you want:)
And it is so true, it isn't until we are willing to unclasp our hand and let God take it, He can't give us more.I love you, girl...more than you know!

Morgan said...

i am sure that "lollypop" is the best word ever created...