CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Best Friends Courtship...

So this is an account of the lovely courtship of Ryan Stevie and Kaylee Johnson from my perspective...Its the account of the drama, the turmoil, the butterflies and the love- or should I say "like" [or as it has come to be written around these parts: l**e]...Kaylee, this ones for you

Saturday Feb 9th Kaylee woke me up with a phone call. It was about 10 am and yes, I like to sleep. She just wanted to talk, like we usually do, and I noticed that she was in a very very good mood. I was trying to figure out why she was so happy but I figured it was her new sister. At this point, she didn't even know why she was so happy, she just knew it was going to be a good day. I oftened wondered during this conversation how a day could be "good" when it was -50 degrees outside and you just swept up a dead mouse into your dustpan, but Kaylee continues to amaze me. She mentioned to me that her parents were taking her out to dinner and neither of us thought much of it...

Then, I got a phone call around 430 my time. Its not uncommon for me to speak to Kay everyday, but twice a day is a little unusual. So she called, I answered, and then she freaked!!

"Morgan, morgan, Morgan, I am freaking out. My parents are being weird. They told me to go to Bismark to meet with them but they are being all weird about it and they won't let me drive with them? Why won't they let me drive with them? And Morgan, my hair- its working perfectly...my hair never works perfectly unless something big is about to happen!!! Its probably nothing, I just need you to tell me to calm down."

So I, being born into matchmaking blood, immediately new what these signs meant. Courtship. Its always the same...the giddyness, the beauty, the surprise and suspense. But...Kaylee had lied to me saying there wasn't any guy she liked so as my half of my mind was thinking about courtship, my other half was saying "Kaylee doesn't like anyone"

"Kaylee what do you expect to happen?"

"I dont know Morgan, I really don't"

"Well, do you think a guy is going to come and ask you to court." And as soon as these words left my mouth it hit me. It didn't hit me, it bulldozed me over. Ryan said he was going to Idaho for a Fire conference for a week and he would have left that day. IDAHO MY FOOT!!! And thats when I started freaking out. Of course I wasn't going to tell Kaylee this becuase then she just would have died so I kept it to myself. And as I was saying "Kaylee calm down" I was like "Oh my gosh...Oh Jesus..."

So we hung up. I told her she better call me and tell me what happened. She was at more peace and I was going nuts. Absolutely nuts. She texted me again and said "My mom grabbed her camera, she never grabs her camera...but its probably just to take pictures of Payton." And I though, but didnt say "Why would your mom take pics of Payton, your the photographer". I just said "Yeah probably".

I had to go to prayer that night and I had it all figured out in my mind. If she was just going out with her parents- just to chat, she would be done with dinner at about 930 meaning she would call me at 730 my time BUT if Ryan showed up she would either not call me or call me really late. So I was at prayer and the time just kept rolling by. It was 730, then it was 8, then it was 830, then it was 9, then it was 930 and finally it was 10...

By this time our prayer group had rellocated to Red Robin [our favorite joint], we were all starving and I was trying to get information out of Todd becuase I knew that if Ryan was in North Dakota Todd would know. But Todd excells at acting and wouldn't budge. So I just sat eating my fries and sipping my milkshake wondering what the heck could be happening in my friends life.


FINALLY, after texting her hundreds and hundreds of times later, Kaylee calls me. FINALLY. I ran out of Red Robs and was like "Kaylee, what is going on?" And then she was trying to be all nonchalant, like nothing ever happened. She said "What do you mean is going on?" I was like "Girl if you don't tell me right now what just happened to you I am not going to be happy." So she proceeded to tell me slowly but surely the story we all now know as the courtship of Ryan and Kaylee.

Then they told me I was sworn to secrecy for an entire week!! They made me promise not even to tell my mom. Not tell my mom??? I tell my mom everything!! But in Rys words "Morgan, shut your big yapper!" So I hung up with Kaylee trying to breathe and refocus myself so I could go back into Red Robs and pretend like I hadn't just found out the most amazing news ever. Todd texted me and simply said "foods here." [I had been starving earlier]. I walked into Red Robin and made eye contact with ROb and Todd who now knew that I knew. I gave Todd a high five [becuase Kaylee and him have this thing where she always says "give Todd a high five for me"] then I sat down and simply said "I lost my appetite." The whole dinner I was too excited to eat and no one would leave. Me, Todd and Rob finally pretended to leave so we could talk about it. I sat in my car, drove around the parking lot then got back out and me and Todd and Rob screamed at the top of our lungs. Laughing and giggling all night long. And then we kept our secret for a whole week...oh it was hard but we made it- it was all better when Kaylee walked in on Sunday morning and I got to hug her for the first time.

We had a blast with them, watching their new relationship grow. I am so happy, so happy for them. They are simply perfect together. I couldn't have picked anyone better for Ry than Kaylee and Kaylee definitely deserved someone as awesome as Ryan. They are immensely cute together and I am very blessed and honored to call them my friends. What a great great adventure this is going to be and I am so glad to be a part of it. Love you both!!

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

I LOVED it!!! Ah!!! Absolutely hysterical. Even though I had heard it all before it was really funny reading it. I was all giddy and thinking, "teehee, she's talking about me and my man..." Thank you, my dear for being so excited for us! You are so special to both of us!!!! Love you bunches and bunches

PS.
cuppycake

Anonymous said...

Morgan you make me laugh. Maybe u should right stories. Yes I got the best and so heres goes the longest 1300 miles of my life. She's absolutely perfect god doesn't forget a thing. You are an amazing friend and when ur man wins your heart I'm gonna write a blog about it!! Love ya Morgan(Dallas)

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

Anonymous said...

Good evening

Can I link to this post please?