CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

LAST DAY OF EXTERNING

Yes it is true....today was my very last day going to the church as an extern. I graduate on Sunday which is like, five days away. I can hardly believe it. Next year I move on...into, dare I say.....the WOOOORLD- duh duh duh duuuuh. The term "world" has become the nemesis of every Christian kid who has grown up in the church- its evil, its bad, only those fully equipped with all super hero powers can even dare face it and come out alive. The really successful superheros go on to train other kids about the evil ways of the "world"- they don't say much about it though [after all it is "the thing we don't speak of"] but what they do say is horrible enough to keep even the best of us away. I have had friends who have gone out into the "world" and at first we mourned their moving on but awakened only to see them rip off their pedestrian, college kid, coffee shop aprons etc.. and became what we know as the "REVIVALISTS" duh duh duh duuuuh. But a word of silence please for the few we have lost along the way, they let the kryptonite of this age get to them. But as for me...I do not fear the "world". It is the lot of some to fear what they do not know, the lot of even more to fear what has caused others to fall, I cast my lot where the fear of the Lord is the only thing that holds me back for I too wish to one day be known as a revivalist.

1 comments:

Katrina Hope said...

Um- you were right- I thought that was sooo great! haha! It got a little deep and sad unsuspectedly :) but it all pulled around with a strong ending- it sounded like a famous quote- I suppose it should become one :)

Last night was really fun- glad yo came with me- who knows what might have happened to me without your super-sign-reading powers!?

I will see you in only a few hours- at what we call, FAMILY CAMP. Duh, Duh, Duh, Duhn! ;) AND, the nerds party is only 9.5 hours away!
Yes! I still need to pack....so do you probably.