CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

Start of Something New


So I definitely am not one of those qualified as the "faithful blogger" perfectly demonstrated by my dear friend Kati...but nonetheless, I am gonna try.

My days as a dear MC are almost over which comes as a very bitter-sweet taste in my mouth. With less than a week left I think it appropriate to recount all the good times that have made these past two years a highlight of my life. My first year as an MC student was irreplaceable. And as I think more and more about- I can't believe how privledged I was to spend that year with some of the most amazing people I have ever met. There is nothing like advancing the kingdom of God then with some of the people who are most on fire for the Lord. I will never forget the first few car rides in Gumbi with Todd, Ricky and I- Ricky sitting in the front seat not saying a word staring at me and Todd like we had lost our minds as we played our favorite disney tunes, or driving to class that first day and realizing that after seeing cow after cow- we were probably not going the right direction, or Ricky and Dustin being "lost in the woods and dancing" or Larissa's fascination with elbow skin, or after every hard, tear jerking discussion me and Kati running down to Fred Meyers to get lost in a Ben and Jerrys pint of our favorite ice cream, or the awesome talks I had with Elise at the dreadful character building outreach known as Avondale, or Dustin McCuen singing the robin and the sparrow song during worship, or terryiaki and a movie night at my favorite home away from home family the Stevies, or spring break on Todds trampoline and me and Elise screaming out of his moonroof, or having Lou Engle all to ourselves for a whole week and then meeting him at the nations capitol for a life seige or so real,
not forgotten, playing a more than interesting character in confessions with Aime [which did build our relationship :)], somethings missing, here is our king, girl america and our infamous class dance with a wonderful rendition of "Hail, Hail Lion of Judah" or all those other memories I am forgetting at the moment or just dont have the time to put down becuase they were far to good. And then there was this year, as an extern, where the Lord tested me in taking me away from most of my closest friends and having me seek after Him for a whole year. It was very hard and at points very very frustrating. But in the end God had His way because it too has been one of the best years- one of the hardest but one of the best. I can say that I have never been more confident in who I am in the Lord than right now and its awesome to feel like that. I have started prophetically painting- which is my new favorite form of worship. Its like when I paint, its what I was born to do. I amazed at how with each one God majorly comes through. I love it. I love beauty and creating beauty with my hands. I see it as a major priveledge every time I bring a paint brush to the canvas. I love worshipping God through it.

The year is almost done and then I am off to BCC to start my journey as an interior designer. I feel very ready to go out and start that phase of my life. I am really passionate to bring a little revival to that campus. I want to definitely see healing miracles happen next year- ALL THE TIME. I love seeing that happen for Gods glory and I feel very confident. Where does fear of man come from anyhow? It is the silliest thing that plagues man. My goal is to one day be able to say that I fear nothing except disobeying the voice of the Lord. Those who are the people who will shake this world and bring heaven to earth. I will be one of those people, I am becoming one.

1 comments:

Katrina Hope said...

Oh goodness- so many memories! And more to be made... ;)

(PS- Why do you leave comments on my page as "anonymous" when you have a blogger account?)