CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I am alive to burn for God. I am alive to make Him known.

Along with the rest of my church body, I have been reading Strengthen Yourself in the Lord. I am sure that this book is changing my life. It is changing the way I see life and the way I respond to life. It is so good that I thought I would leave some of my favorite parts here so you all can be inspired...

"David’s schooling for kingship was based on testing his ability to believe and walk in the Word over His life, even when the circumstances seemed to completely oppose and deny His destiny.

If you want to kill giants follow a giant killer!"

"You cannot escape Gods love for you but you have to grow in favor. Jesus modeled that each of us must grow in favor if we are gong to fulfill our destiny in God. But favor, because it is so glorious is a weighty thing. Thus God in His mercy gives you favor in the measure your character can handle, taking you from glory to glory, faith to faith and strength to strength"

"You become what you behold"

[I have recenty stopped indulging myself in so much tv for this reason alone. I used to watch tv every night, every day for a couple hours...it fed absolutely nothing in me except the desire to be lazy and do absolutely nothing- not to mention what it was doing to my spirit. I made a deal with myself- for every minute I spend beholding worldly things I must spend two minutes beholding the Lords face...]

"The enemy uses lies to make problem appear bigger than the solutions we carry"

[I think that sometimes we wish God wasn't big enough to solve our problems so that we could have a reason to sit in them. Why is it harder to say no to a lie than to believe in the truth...]

"If we are not convinced of our purpose then we will entertain the enemy’s lies and invite His destruction into our lives"

[I am a daughter of Christ, called to bring His Kingdom and set others free. He has created me to be an artist, mirroring Gods creativity- I know that I know those things about myself...I have a purpose because God didn't create me and then put a dream in me...he built a dream and then created me to fit that dream...]

"The difficulties in our lives expose the degree to which we really believe that God is for us and that His words about our destiny are true"

"As you become more and more convinced that you are a person with a great identity and purpose, that you are prepared for the moment you’re standing in, and that all of Heaven is waiting to back you up as you choose to be faithful to your purpose, your perception of which forces are the most operative in your life will shift It is our assignment, privilege, and joy to see impossibilities and problems bend their knees to the name of Jesus"

"In worship, the sacrifice is no longer physical expression or verbal declaration. We are the sacrifice. Fire always falls on sacrifice. And when we are the sacrifice, we cannot help but be changed."

[I am convinced that worship is the key to victory in our lives, in the lives of people around us and in situations we face]

"We can't be with Him without having our heads lifted to see Him. You can't behold God and then look back at your circumstances with the same perspective. You can't experience the realm of His glory without receiving a measure of His race and strength.


Pretty much, we cannot be the same once we know who the Father is. He changes us when we desire to be changed. As long as we put ourselves into a situation where He can touch us, then He will touch us. God help me believe that with You nothing is impossible. God help me to trust you more and listen to the enemies lies less. I love You Lord!

I feel the most alive when I am walking in the presence of the Lord. I could be making my morning latte, taking a shower, going to class, working or attending a church service- everything has life when I have the life of the Lord...

This life is such a great discovery, its such a great adventure. Whoever said the Christian walk was a boring walk was sadly mistaken because my life with Christ is pretty darn awesome. And the best part of it is I know I am not alone in this- there are other people I get to surround myself with who love the Lord and long to see His Kingdom come as much as I do...So lets party...

1 comments:

Kaylee said...

Woah....I'm gonna party with you, ok?