CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's About Time...

I must repent to all my devout readers for my lack of engagement on my blog recently. A lot has been happening that time has not allowed the devotion I would like to spend. So? You ask- what has been happening in my life since my last post about the beginning days of school? I will tell you- section by section.

School has been going great, well almost great. I found out I am still not a mathematician, or an English Major- but anything having to do with Art has been a blast. I am definitely getting the feel for what it is like to be a college kid. I have also made the realization that our generation needs Jesus. ALOT. And I am working up the courage to give it to them. But school has been going great and I am looking forward to the next three and a half years :)

Work has also been a lot of fun. I now am a master at coffee drinks, which is really the only reason someone gets a job at Starbucks right? But it is a great company to work for and there are a lot of great people there. Its been fun shattering peoples perspectives of "Christians." I was walking to my car with my assistant manager the other day, a self proclaimed agnostic, and she asked me why I was twenty and only in my first year of college. I proceeded to tell her I had been doing a program at my church. At that she looked at me kind of strange and asked, "Are you devout." It took me by surprise a little but I answered "Yes, you could say I am devout." And then she said "Hmm, I never would have guessed." At first when she said that I was like "Oh no! I have become of the world! People can't tell I am a Christian!!" And as all the horrors that come with that flashed through my head she rescued me from my despair when she said. "Your not a mean Christian...you don't wave your religion in people's faces and argue with them all day long. I really appreciate that." And with that my foot was in the door and I believe that slowly and surely Christ's light will shine through me enough to shatter the darkness that she walks in.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the impact that I want to make in people's lives, both saved and unsaved. The Lord has really given me a passion to see broken hearts healed and hope restored in people. I love the look in peoples eyes that comes right after they have received a new hope there life. I have seen how a simple, "God loves you" can change a life. I am confident that if we are willing and obedient to be God's vessels, to be His mouthpieces, our generation will be transformed. I feel like we are on the brink of something huge. Like the Lord is holding a giant water balloon over our heads and we are feeling the pressure coming down on us as we wait with eager anticipation for it to explode all over us. Who wants to dance in that rain??!!!?? I do.

But I think its time for some pictures....These are just random pictures but I think that every blog is perfected by pictures. I dont have many because...well I dont have a camerabut what I have I give to you....they are completely random...some are even form MC tour...but fun nonetheless

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great update morgs!
love you
~ash

Anonymous said...

Alrighty then! You said that you would update your blog if I started one so I guess I should get on that, 'eh? I'll work on it...especially if it will make you happy. Or better yet, melt your butter!;)

Katrina Hope said...

Those are some fun pictures! We need to take some more...ie, go do something fun! I cannot wait for school to be out!

Love you!