CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2007

Remember Me...

I have been thinking a lot about one of the commands Jesus has given us. The one that contains the mystical idea of healing the sick, casting out demons, raising the dead, and cleansing the unclean- yeah that one. With the increase in concentration lately on treasure hunts and healing people, I have realized that when upon reading the Word of God, I can no longer treat it as a fairy tale. I always have believed that the Bible was true. Obviously I believe that Jesus died, rose again and saved us from a life of no hope. But I am just beginning to realize that when the Bible says, "Greater works you will do than I have ever done" Jesus was serious. He wasn't like, "Hmmm...I'm going to tell these imperfect vessels that they can do greater things than I did, and then watch them run around in circles trying to catch there tail." No, he wasn't joking, He was serious and I don't think He is enjoying the fact that the majority of us are scared to death to pray for someone in a cast.

Whenever I see someone in a cast I freeze. Whenever I see someone limping I start sweating and getting really nervous. Whenever I hear someone might have cancer, I would rather run fast the other way. Why is that? Why do I get afraid to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth. We have been given authority over sickness, we have been given authority over death, we have been given authority over broken hearts, we have been given the authority to break chains, bondages and despair over our generation. We are called to bring hope, life and restoration. Why am I scared to bring life to someone? That makes absolutely no sense. But it is the enemies greatest tool. Comfort and the desire to "fit in" is the quickest way we will lose credibility with unbelievers.

We weer talking about this at homegroup last night. What is the difference between me and my unsaved co-worker. Is it that I go to church and they go to a bar, and thats what makes us feel good about ourselves. Or is there something truly different. Is Jesus' Kingdom IN me? Is the desire to see Him rule in every aspect of my life, including the part of my life that touches the sick and the unsaved, bigger than my desire for comfort? How do I want to be remmebered? As the Christian girl who was the same as an unsaved girl or as the girl who dared to be different because she prayed for people who were sick and they were healed! I think I am going to live the life of trust and risk. I am going to trust Jesus that if I risk He will come through, and even if I pray and no one gets healed, whats the worst that could happen? Someone I pray for will get healed, they will experience a miracle and if I pray and "fail" on thirty people, it is all worth the freedom that will come in just one persons life. But if I pray for no one, then no one gets to experience the freedom I enjoy. Here's to unselfish, unchicken, brave , courageous, and on fire Christians!

May it be said of all of us that we burned so brightly that everyone around us was lit on fire too.

1 comments:

Kaylee said...

This should be our first mission as super heroes! On a serious note this really hit home for me and I'm jumping on the band wagon with you...We are going to be remembered as people changers and world shakers! I love you girl!