CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

I am in a state right now where I am wondering how deep is the change that is inside of me? What is real, what is not? What is performance and what is genuine? I KNOW that God has done a lot in me over this past year, but how much more could He have done? Where have I resisted His working in my life? I don't mean for this to be sobering...its just real...

I have realized that at the end of any year comes the time to look back on advancements or victories over the past year...its also the time to make "resolutions" for the next year. I always smile when I hear people say "I am going to work out everyday" because I have worked at athletic clubs before and I know just how long that actually lasts. It takes discipline to resolve to something...it takes sacrifice. One of my resolutions is going to be working out...yes in the physical but also in the spiritual...I am going to strengthen myself in the Lord. I once heard that a Christian should always be "content but not satisfied." We should be content in all situations, in all areas, in who we are but we should never be satisfied with just a little bit of the Lord...we should always want more, we should always want to go farther. Phillipians 4.10-13 in the Message says, "I'm glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—happy that you're again showing such strong concern for me. Not that you ever quit praying and thinking about me. You just had no chance to show it. Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am."
I really want that to be my cry...God I am content in You but don't take Your hand off of my life because I am not satisfied!! I want the Lord to be able to dwell in me, not just in a small cottage but I want Him to make a mansion out of me. That means I might not understand where He is working all the time, and why but I am trusting that whatever He is doing in my life will only be to my benefit. Thank You God that You see the big picture and I don't.

0 comments: