CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

We are His

"We Are His...Chosen sons and daughters of the Most High God, called to carry the heart of our fathers to the children who will come. With clean hands and a pure heart, we will fight to see the generations restored. We are the drummers, heralding the prophetic cry of our generation. We are the warriors, fighting for life. We are the victors, captivated by His dreams and standing on His promises. We find our true self in Him; this is our identity...

For such a time as this, we have been born, to stand for life and purity. We are committed to seeing victory in one another’s lives for the generations to come. We will fight in such a way as to win. Overcome by His love, we will spend ourselves for the Almighty God, the Great I Am, Immovable Rock, the Omnipotent Powerful and Awesome Lord, Victorious Warrior, Commanding King of Kings, Mighty Conqueror." - MC 2006 Class Covenant [intro and end]

I was reading my MC covenant today and was overwhelmed by the call God has placed on my life and many other peoples lives. It reminded me of what it is we are fighting for. I know for myself, sometimes I get so focused on what my life is going to look like, what I am going to be doing in the next few years, or whether or not I fulfill my destiny. And those are great things to think about, they keep the vision real. But sometimes I forget that the vision is a lot bigger than myself...its a whole generation...its a country...its a world. I get so wrapped up in the my world that I don't make myself available to the real world. Its a big, scary place out there...but if we are all to afraid to reach out then how are we ever going to make a difference. We can pray...that helps...but sometimes prayers need feet. I want to be known as a fighter for my generation. I want to fight to see it restored and brought to the Kingdom. What would it look like to see an entire generation set on fire from Christ...thats a big thought. It seems impossible to me...is it? I dont know. I now the correct answer is "nothing is impossible with God" but I seem to not believe that in several areas of my life. Am I just a drummer...heralding the prophetic cry of my generation, or am I doing somethings about it? I would hope that I can make a change in this world, that I can make an impact for Christ...isn't that why we are all living anyways? I want to be a superhero [ ;) Kaylee....] but what does that really mean...I know that when I paint I can paint America in its present state, I know that I can paint the trials of my generation. When I paint I can speak to someone in need. But can I paint something into existence? Can I paint a revival before it happens? Can I paint life and then watch my painting take form? It is a backwards Kingdom right? So I think I could paint change...

1 comments:

Kaylee said...

I really admire your passion here. It's beautiful. God is going to answer the cry of your heart, I promise!
On a side note, I don't know if you will be painting anything as long as you have those nails;) Much love...