CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And this is who I am...take it or leave it

[ just thought it was time for a fresh look at what i look like these days...yes i was posing]

Do you ever have those days that you just feel alive? Those days when nothing is to big and no dream is ever impossible? Well today was one of those days in my life. From the moment I woke up everything went well. I had my quiet time, I turned my project in on time, I completed my test, prepared a message for underground, worked and had fun, and then went to youth group. It was just a good day. Nothing super special, nothing out of the ordinary...just a day where Jesus was faithful and good to me again....

And I realized again that I am His. I am wholly His. I am His in the right now. In the present. I am His when I drink coffee or make coffee for people. I am His during a weekend of intense encounters. I am His when I am sitting on my bed waiting for the day to begin. I am His in radical worship. I am His when I fill my truck up with gas. I am His when I am laughing uncontrollably drunk with the new wine. No matter where I am, no matter what occupies me at the moment...I am His. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow- am I?

I have been realizing that I am not as faithful to love Him as He loves me. I realized that I have a greater expectation for weekends like Firestorm or trips like Redding than I do for my daily life. But if God is the same....why are my expectations of Him ever different. I am convinced that God always wants to give us His presence, His love, His joy...the only thing hindering us from reaching the fullness of that is our pursuit of Him. Its the Christian life....why should any day be an ordinary day? Why should any day be less eventful than the day before? As Christians we should never, ever go to bed wondering what was important about that day. Am I making the most of who I am? Am I prophesying, evangelizing, and healing the sick? I am not...and I need to be.

It is my goal to prophecy over one person every single day. I want to think Gods thoughts so much that they become my thoughts. I want His thoughts to become my words and His words to become my actions.

I am about to be transformed because I am giving Him everything. I am not holding anything back...I am surrendering it all. Its a sweet, beautiful surrender. What will God do with me? Whose lives will He have me touch?

I guess I'll wait and watch

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Take it or leave it?
I'll take you anyday, all day, every day....

Kaylee said...

Oh, and that is a FAB picture of you...So dramatic...