CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

No one but Him...

I was randomly listening to a Carrie Underwood song today. It was her newest release "So Small." The whole song was speaking to me just after the Firestorm weekend but the chorus pretty much sums up my thoughts...

Cause sometimes that mountain you've been climbing
Is just a grain of sand
And what you've been out there searching for forever
Is in your hands
And when you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else seem
So small

Experiencing the presence of God like we did over this last weekend with Firestorm changes a person. Even the hardest of heart cannot walk away unaffected when thy are encountered by a love so deep it changes everything. I was standing in worship one of the nights, painting my picture, and I realized that this life is simpler than I make it out to be sometimes. I sometimes want to take a problem in my life and blow it up. My calling in life is simple...just be my Daddy's daughter and love Him with everything and anything I do. When love overrides everything in me...then all the little the things, all my trials, all my failures, all my excuses, all my disappointments, all my fears, all my hurts and pains, all those things, they dissolve into nothing. When overshadowed by the greatness of who He is...everything else seems so small. I am a daughter of God...I have access to His greatness. That means when I am walking down the street my fear of man needs to be smaller than my confidence in Him. When I am dealing with life's situations my fear of failure needs to be smaller than my confidence in Him. All of my insecurities about who I am needs to be smaller than my confidence in Him. He must increase, I must decrease. I must be engulfed in His love. I must leak His love. I must find my identity in His love. Because when I can see Him and only Him...then everything else fades away.

Oh how He loves...haha...and its that simple :)

0 comments: